Vote for Peace, not Policies.

Firstly a disclaimer, it is quite obvious what my results were and what I will vote for from this blog; this is all just my personal opinion and debate is welcomed as always in the comments. Editorially, this post is perhaps less politically centric than usual however I acknowledge that and inform you of this... My views may change and if you are voting in the UK election tomorrow, please vote for what is right making considerations that you need to make. You should make an educated, logical decision whatever it is. I did the 'Vote for Policies' survey (link at end) where I was actually surprised by my results.

Here's how I feel about things this time... occasionally someone comes along who wants to change things and challenge the system as we know it and regardless of how well the system is working, we need those people so we can refine who we are. What is good for me today may not be good for me tomorrow and so the needs of others need to be considered; that is my family and my friends.

These are the people who make my community as great as it is and I don't want to see them struggle. Right now, I'm ok, I'm lucky, I'm healthy, I have adequate earnings for my lifestyle, I've graduated uni, I don't need to think too much about retirement, housing is what it is and I'm in a safer community than I was this time 2 years ago (btw immigration isn't anything to do with any of those things).

The thing is what I vote for tomorrow isn't just about me, it's about all of us and I believe that my vote could count towards protecting the values of my friends, family and community. Some do not understand the policies, others have been brainwashed by expensive political campaigns, some simply just will be unable to get to the polling station.




The question is how selfless we are when we vote; you could argue that selfish is exactly how we should be; our vote is our vote right? To those 'vote selfish' people, I congratulate you as you must have been awarded your life oh so comfortable without too much pain or anguish, without too much loss, without too much trouble and without too much effort. I've seen highs and lows of which would shock most of those 'comfortable'. My message for all is simply this; your comfort is not infinite nor is it guaranteed.

Whether your decision tomorrow, here is the site where you can judge your opinions of the policies to vote for... https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Comments