How many Countries are there in The World?


I'll go with the UN's basic definition but I don't like the veto swing at all. When it comes to recognising countries, there should be some other way to vote as to if or not to recognise. From what I learnt from this video, I recognise Taiwan as China and actually call China something else to do with the Soviet Union but they won't like that at all.

However, putting things in boxes isn't really a necessity, I was just inquisitive and found this video interesting. My personal opinion is that drawing lines in the sand causes wars because someone is always greedy or someone always wants to state a claim. I think we should stop owning things and start a more enriched life where ownership and power isn't the be all and end all. Personally I see land and I see water, I see my friends and avoid my enemies. 

"I once paid a speeding fine in Northern Cyprus. I got away with it for a long time but because the country is not recognised by the UN, it also means that as a sovereign human being I am responsible for my own safety whilst in such a territory. I was told that if I went into the country again, I could be arrested. I could say 'By Who?' but the fact of the matter is even if not recognised by any other country (we should probably start using the words political state), I would be responsible for my own welfare. I have kept my receipt so that if the war-zone ever becomes a recognised state, I will make a claim... No really I will. I didn't like paying the fine at all and not because of financial reasons but more because of the social implications. I would like to make it clear that I support no wars whatsoever but hope that they will find a solution funded to assist both sides of the Green Line. A great video looking at the problems that exist is listed below. I would like to see peace on the island. Basically my fine could be understood as a souvenir/bribe/blackmail as if I was arrested for not following the (albeit limited) bureaucracy of this place, I would effectively become a Prisoner Of War and could be shot and no one would come to my assistance because they politically deny its very existence." If enough people would like to know more about the speeding fine in Northern Cyprus. ie how I got away with it for years and years, why I decided to finally pay it and if you can avoid paying your own or not then I will write a blog about it. Please leave a comment below stating you would like to know more about that. You may be interested to know if you are facing a fine given to you from the North of Cyprus, that the Marshall Law there is no longer recognised by Turkey so if you decide never to go there again, you will have no other travel difficulties through Ankara.
Dennis Hope owns the moon, does this mean the moon is a country? If so why is this not mentioned in the video? Also if I am in a country but do not agree with their laws, I believe I can also state that it is my own country.

Comments