I Had One of Those Moments (Status Update)

Everyone that knows me will understand that I'm an easy-going guy. I live and let live and I see the human race all as one, no one better no one worse. I wouldn't belittle anyone because of their differences; I have differences of my own, I have weaknesses. I also couldn't decide which country I was born in, what religion my ancestors follow, what genetics I took or the colour of my skin... it just happened the way it did. I wasn't here to have a say. I did have a say on how I choose to see the world and all those in it.
I feel that the world has come to a breaking point where my views seem to differ from a growing number of other people. I don't see that the fears and regimes of those people can continue to harmonise with my own. I say this because I have friends (and family) from other countries, friends with disabilities, friends with a different creed to me, a different sexuality or belief in a different fairy tale; different facts, different fictions and so on... they have their needs just like I have mine. Again, none has greater value, I see us as one. One thing I have noticed is that there are a lot of *****s in the world (replace those *'s with a swear word of your own choosing), some of those *****s have white skin, some of them are born in another country than me, some of them are similar to me politically and socially but what it comes down to is that they are *****s.
As someone who has travelled, lived abroad, been lucky enough to get a decent education and has always tried to follow what I believe in, I feel the time has come for me to say I've had enough of *****'s and I will be doing without them; we're not on the same team anymore.
I'm not going to go and immediately delete each one of those *****s from my life but I'm saying this to give them a chance to take a look at what their fears and irrationalities are doing to the stability of the world as we know it. Seriously, take a look. Then take a look at our friendship and if I've ever treat you with the same dis-value that you would give to others. If you want to continue to see people with a different value, if you see yourself as somehow special, then please go ahead and delete yourself because If I see as much as a gentle sarcastic dig at anyone's differences, there will be no more comments from me, there will be no more peaceful protest, there will be no more debate. You will be deleted from my life to the fullest extent, I do not want to write to you, share with you, debate with you or discuss with you or ever see you again; there will be no more second chances.
So if you're on my friends list, think before you post it because if I see it and it offends me I won't talk to you about it, I'll just break our connection because you are most definitely a *****.
For the majority of those I know that aren't like this, I apologise for the longest rant that you've ever seen for my status update but those *****s need to know they are *****s because those *****s are making the world a genuinely dangerous and fragile place right now and that threatens the safety and liberties of all of us. *****s!

Comments