Photo Restoration / Enhancement

Before Enhancement
Side by Side Before and After
After Enhancement
I don't usually edit my photos other than sometimes tweaking the levels of the RAW files a little. Nonetheless I decided to do so with this photograph using a similar method that I would use in Film Grading; in fact it was because I was thinking of using the scene in a film and I wanted to see how it would look with the enhancements I wanted to make. If you don't like it let me know, as for 2016, I don't know if I should enhance some of my photos for selling them or if to just stick with the originals. NONE of my photos on FlickR have been enhanced; I usually save that for the less refined sites such as Instagram. What do people think? There is a survey, running until the evening of 1st January 2016, on my Twitter. The photo wasn't one of my best anyway, it was a bit of a dark and miserable day when I took it but I wanted to bring some vibrance out in the path whilst adding edits creating a fairytale-like effect to the frame. Is this me being a traitor to photography? - I don't know.

Comments