Fire Effects


When you want particular effects in a film, either you pay to buy those effects from a stock site or you make them yourself. Today I made the following fire effect using absolutely no fire whatsoever. The original video was of a silk scarf floating in the wind (picture above) but using some edit magic, I made it look as it does now.

The edit was done entirely in Adobe Premiere (I didn't even open After Effects) plus it took less than an hour. The final effect won't need to be as large in the film that I hope to use it for; it won't even be the same colour but I thought it a good idea just to keep projects like this aside so that they can be tweaked for a number of purposes in the future to save both time and money. If you have questions about this piece, get in touch! 

The original video was Daniel Wurtzel's Magic Carpet (which you can see here). All credit to the original artist as I found his work inspiring. When compared to Daniel's work as a standalone piece of art, the video I've made obviously shows little in artistic merit but nonetheless it will be fit for purpose of going into a little film project I'm working on; editors often have to cheat like this especially in low budget productions so I just wanted to share a bit about my art. Editor', Photographer' and Director' art often gets unnoticed when compared to more conventional styles. I'll also be using other mystical effects in the short film so I'm keeping my eyes out for other inspirational pieces that can either be completely altered, remastered or credited into the final production. Some 'fantasy-style' music is another area where I'm hoping to find an original artist to work with.

Comments