A Letter to My MP about Airstrikes in Syria

I know I said that I was going to talk about politics in my blogs much less; however with the looming possibility that the UK wishes to use offensive strategies regarding Syria, I wrote to my MP to ask just one question; one that seems to me a very important one. I'd be surprised if I get a reply but I still had strong enough concerns about our national security in order to at least propose the question...
I am a self employed independent media professional from Lincolnshire. I am aware of the decisions that you make on behalf of South Holland and The Deepings and that you now also hold the position as our Minister for Security. I hope that as our Minister for Security you hold a greater knowledge than the majority of us when debating the subject "Syria and IS”.
As you are my MP and representative, I would like to make it known to you that if I was able to vote this evening, with consideration to all of the information presently known to me, I would be voting against airstrikes in Syria. I can not comprehend how an airstrike with more killing will increase our security or how carrying out such an act can silence or conquer those philosophies adverse to our own. Our transition from an industrial era to an electronic era has given us the ability to gather intelligence quicker and communicate better in finding more diplomatic solutions to our problems. I’m not sure that any offensive could be defined as defensive unless we know the precise origin of an inbound attack; and furthermore, only if we are certain in the validity of such data may it be justifiable to use reasonable force in order to neutralise it.
“Can we guarantee that a proposed airstrike in Syria will directly neutralise/eliminate the threat to our National Security?” 
I believe that the vote you have today should not favour an economic or political persuasion and that it should be based on unbiased intelligence and facts that defends and protects human lives; locally, nationally and internationally; both for this and future generations.

UPDATE 3/12/15: John Hayes MP supported Air Strikes in Syria; he was alongside a 64% majority.

Comments