Take this Test to Understand your Visual Perception...



Thanks to those who would like to read on, please comment or subscribe.


Does anyone else believe that we take our perceptions for granted, that we give them more credit than they are worth?

I did this basic test here and I am in the 12% super sensitive (tetra-chromat) so like I said last week on my other social networks regarding the infamous dress picture, it is blue and black (actually more like sea blue and very dark brown).

This dress that is Blue and Black has now also been released in White and Gold to celebrate the illusion and confusion!

I am also hypersensitive with at least a couple of my other senses (smell & hearing). Previous to this science becoming a viral phenomenon, I would have been apprehensive to state that sometimes I notice light ora and can hear carrier wave and or current flow. I've met a few other people that also experience similar and the most annoying thing is it causes constant tinnitus. I can track down an electric source that's got a phone charger adaptor plugged in just by listening (one of the simplest as it gives off a very light hum noise).

This post is especially for all those people who believe that their perception is the only true view and it invites questions into the philosophy of reality and perception, both which I find fascinating topics.

It must suck having it proven by science (or the test) if you are sensory inadequate. The 'average person' (by which I mean modally average) has been persecuting those with higher perception/awareness/consciousness/[insert pretty much any other skilled ability here] for centuries. I think that it is time to reassess the way in which we deal with hypersensitive people as they may be able to tell us things that we can't imagine. I have a couple of close friends ( none of which are myself I hasten to add ;) ) that 'hear voices' and even more friends on the autism spectrum and I've yet to see any science to prove that they are not actually more aware of things than the majority.

It's probably been tried already but maybe we can learn more from these people than they can from us. It's dodgy ground discussing contemporary ideas to dealing with mental health but what my personal observations have shown me is that society tends to prescribe them drugs and keep them away from others through fear of danger (granted this has been necessary in isolated cases). Many doctors seem more inclined to deal with the results and consequences rather than try and understand them.

I'd like to say I had a better solution but none spring to mind other than I think we should invest more time listening to their delusions / perceptions and take longer periods of time before we make conclusions. All I know is that the dress looks blue and black to me and that I can see all of the colours in this study. It doesn't mean that I'm the most sensitive and perceptive person on earth, it just means that I'm more perceptive than most (and my monitor colour tone is set up like a boss). My question is really, what if these people on the autism spectrum or suffering with schizophrenia are the minority with awarenesses that the other majority quickly shrug off?

For the career that I am in, editing, it probably comes in handy more than I can actually appreciate noticing colour and sound more than most but it could cause problems if I become too much of a perfectionist! Even worse, the wedding videos I've done have probably all gone out with brides in blue dresses (how fortunate not many people will notice).

Also as much colour as I can see, it doesn't make up for the fact I'm still short sighted! :D

Comments

Post a Comment

Post