A Love Letter for the European Election in the UK

Dear UK,

I'm sorry to have to write this letter but we have to split up. When we first met, things weren't like this, it seemed that we both understood that life was something to be cherished. You showed me that the world was a place full of opportunity and taught me that bullying people for their differences was wrong.

I don't know what happened to you. I believe that deep within you is still the kind country from which I always felt an unconditional love but I'm just not 'in love' with you anymore. Of late, you've been distant to your morals and I feel that you've lost touch with what truly matters. You have been greedy; you want to take everything for yourself but don't think that you should ever give anything back. You started charging us more money for an education and I know that this was probably because you were scared of losing us if we found out the truth. It seems now you just want to dictate to everyone and you don't want anyone to think for themselves. You've done a great job with it - 28% so I hope, but only for your own sake, that this works out for you.

I appreciate the love letter that you scribbled in my passport; it shows your true colours, I particularly like the line where you allow me to pass freely from place to place 'without hindrance' - and now I know that you don't want anyone else to do that with you, I feel so special like I've been able to touch you in places where no one else can. I'm not leaving because of the sex; that night in the billiard room with the prince was a real eye opener and reminded me that despite how politely British we claim to be that we still have a soft spot for a good old European orgy.

However, good times aside, I feel that you have prostituted yourself to the second biggest economy in the world - I guess that the largest one was just too painful for you. I truly believe that we would have had a better quality of life together if you had have stuck with your friends and neighbours because although you say that size doesn't matter, we both know that even if the little economy is really good at how he gives it to you that it would still be much more satisfying to have an extra couple of billion inside.

I hope that the friends that we made along the way won't hold a grudge if your Pimp does ever turn on you. As you know, most of us that you are leaving behind have seen the cost and damage which violence has caused and we try to avoid it where possible. We are always going to be worried about you now because we've heard that your new pimp beats up countries to make himself feel bigger than he is. He usually picks on minorities too so maybe you are good for each other now. Many of our allies have seen how things have been and most agree that you are behaving very childishly.

You have always been stubborn but you used to be Great and honourable whilst doing it. I know that I cost you a lot of money and I will always appreciate that you got me through a respectable education. Whilst there, you taught me that love could blossom between all cultures and races. You taught me that all religions were equal even though you had views of your own.

Many of our friends won't realise it but I could see that you were scared of people finding out this truth when you raised tuition fees. I think this was the turning point in our relationship because then I knew that you would rather lie to the masses than allow them the opportunity to think for themselves. Only the rich can be educated now, we should have known you were going to cheat on us once we saw "The UK and Banking System are now friends" come up on our newsfeed but instead you distracted us with some more "I'm a Celebrity" or the like.

You don't want us to think for ourselves any more; you have become so blinded by your own greed that you have forgotten what is important. You air and publish controlled media to the people as if it were a rule book and you persecute or misconstrue the words of the other guys that want to tell you what it's really like. You choose Jeremy Kyle, Football or Ant and Dec for your reality whilst mindlessly following your orders like the Zombie nation that 28% of you have become. You think that this is standing up for what you believe in but only because you've been told it was. The truth is (and please don't misconstrue my words) that you don't fight for sharing morality any more, but instead choose greed.

This was stupid and should never of happened, he's no good for you although I realise you can't see this yet. Anyway, you've made up your mind and it isn't much good me now telling you  how incredibly stupid that you have been because what is done is done.

There are some things that will have to come with me like my education and I know that this will seem a little unfair because it was both of us that made this investment. Also, you have persecuted about a quarter of the people of our NHS which basically means that I'll have full and free access every weekend so if you are ill you'll just have to wait until Monday. If I can ever find a mutually beneficial, diplomatic way for us to make other arrangements to either of these things then I will try my hardest. Nonetheless, diplomacy and democracy now seems out of the question, at least for the near future, as you have chosen dictatorship and support of genocide. I'm pretty sure that this can and possibly will work out for you during your honeymoon period but once that is over, I think you are going to regret your choices. This is because you are going out with someone that wants to take away your choices so once you choose that this is not what you want anymore, you're going to be trapped.

Thank you for the national and social contributions you have made to me over the last thirty years, they are going to be difficult and heavy to carry but they will all be coming with me. I need to make a move before this turns nasty and we end up either married wondering where all the happiness went or in an abusive relationship full of civil violence and unrest.

Once again, I am truly sorry that you didn't think this through and I wanted to warn you, I really did. I would like to say that I have always loved you regardless that you are cold, damp and unattractive. It was personality that matters but now you seem to be weathering away inside and this isn't going to do any good for either of us. We've outgrown each other and I really think you need to talk to someone and get some help. 28% of you are ill now and more of you are likely to catch this horrible illness. As for me, I need to move on to someone that can love me for who I am - that is a person, a life born on Earth.

Comments

  1. This was the blog that grabbed my attention. I love the concept and it is very well written. I believe we share very similar values and a support for the EU in principle but I disagree with your conclusion. Just like a marriage there can often be tough times and I don't think the relationship is beyond repair...yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we are in 2020 three months away from a sparsely negotiated "Brexit" the word that did not exist when this was first published. I can't be certain if that was an accurate prediction of the future or just an accurate interpretation of the Higelian Dialect from 2014.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Post