Fan Videos for Creamfields 2013 / Youtube and Google+ Force You To Mix Business and Pleasure

Throughout this rant are some fan videos made on some very basic devices showing some of the sets by a number of artists at the Creamfields festival for 2013. They are completely unstable and both the sound and video quality is laughable but they were by no means meant to be professional, it was just a way of documenting a great festival. It is actually quite a mean task as making anything even viewable when you are in a crowd of sixty thousand people jumping and dancing is as difficult as you could expect. The thing about making and listing these videos was to review what sort of content is now required to be able to gather an audience on YouTube as there are other videos that I have made, and kept in my non-professional personal collection, that are just as lacking in quality yet somehow manage to get thousands of views. Although this can be beneficial to monetizing the content situation, maintaining a separate portfolio for your professional work and your personal life work is strongly recommended - not so easy these days when Google want you to roll everything into one place. Even maintaining the identity of my Knightvisions channel was difficult as it wanted to associate with a Google+ account which I wanted to control as a separate entity.
Tiesto
  • Saving all those David Guetta fans from having no music and teaching them about real, original, dance music. David Guetta couldn't turn up in time because his plane had smoke coming from it before it even left the ground. His millions failed to find an alternative until twenty minutes before the end of the gig.

Eric Prydz
  • Spectacular lighting on the Eric Prydz set, great work Creamfields. Not as dirty a festival as some and a great atmosphere.
The new analytics available to Google worshipers is better than it used to be with more geographical information about where your traffic is coming from. This is great providing you roll everything into one. Google+ seem adamant that they would like all businesses using their services to be registered under one user name and when you have multiple email addresses that you use to separate business and pleasure, this is a security nightmare. Nonetheless one that has been rectified.
Steve Angello
  • Great buildup to the king, Tiesto.
Ferry Corsten
  • Quite sad to see such a small crowd for one of the original EDM most of which were the oldest part of the audience there.
Nonetheless, somehow I have still maintained two YouTube accounts under two different email addresses which has given me the hassle of having to log into multiple accounts and have cookied errors all over any of the work that I try and do. Youtube accounts have been forced into having Google+ pages and other accounts associated with users are public until resecured. Not a friendly thing for someone to do really... I am fortunate that all of my accounts are legitimate and have content that I may direct to my audience but I could certainly understand the frustration of users that have information relating to their personal lives now seeping into their other online identities. Nonetheless, it needs to be said that I don't want judging for the production qualities of these videos listed in this blog. Yes, I edited them together and marketed them to create an audience but my portfolio and my general work are very separate. The best way to explain this is that if you had comments or photos on your Facebook status and you were a writer or a photographer that many people who see that would expect to see professional work throughout your life. This was however a social occasion and I was there filming on a Samsung Galaxy 2 only for my personal interests and not as a representative for my business. There is still a fair amount of work that has gone into collating the playlist that I mention including remastering of some sound on the Tiesto edit (and mending that from Creamfields tv) but if you would like to see a portfolio and collection of my professional work then please go to the YouTube page www.youtube.com/knightvisionsmedia or contact me via my website www.knightvisionsproductions.com. If you have come across these videos because you are the Creamfields audience then please enjoy the videos. I would like to hear from anyone who has the entire songs available of any of the artists featured.
The Prodigy
  • You have to see the prodigy really. Does contain strong language.

Paul Oakenfold
  • I'm mostly surprised how short he is.
 If you want to find a playlist someone has made of these fan videos including some Armand Van Helden then please go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3SBWCx0Lg


Please remember to go to this page if you are looking for my video work from Knightvisions Productions.
www.knightvisionsproductions.com

Disclaimer:
It appears that Creamfields TV may of had some difficulties in getting release on some of the work that they produced and therefore some fan based filming and a gathering of the footage by numerous fans seems a great way to show appreciation for the festival. This way of filming which everyone has access to these days doesn't require the same issues when it comes to profit gathering from copyright breaches. Acknowledgements are made to all those involved and no profit is made from their exhibition. If for whatever reason you however want to fund or assist me then you must go to my website :) It just so happens that I make professional music videos too but that's just a coincidence... ;) www.knightvisionsproductions.com/products/bands

Comments