Finding The Pathfinders






I have been filming some footage at Lincolnshire Aviation where I was lucky enough to be get access inside the Lancaster, also known as Just Jane. The footage is going to be used for the documentary Finding The Pathfinders. This documentary shows the search for the original squadron that played such an apparent and significant role to British history.

As a pilot myself, to be able to touch the 'left hand seat' (no dual controls here) and to look up at the instrument display was truly astonishing knowing that some of the our bravest men have done the same.
The Lancaster has left me a little lost for words so I will be updating my FlickR very soon (direct link) with a handful of photos taken whilst filming. I can only try to portray what it must have felt like to have been such a significant crew member in this amazing machine, I hope that the documentary Finding The Pathfinders can get all those interested as close to the story as possible.

You can follow this blog for updates on the documentary and the when, where's and hows of how you may be able to access it.

Here is a trailer (quite old now) for the documentary and also there are a few pictures that I have taken.



Also if you are reading this blog from a live feed, then you will be able to also catch up with what Look North (Yorkshire and Lincolnshire) had to say about the visit to Lincolnshire Aviation, East Kirkby tonight at 1830 GMT, or by visiting their news story available via BBC iPlayer for 24 hours (25th-26th July 2013).
Also above are a snippet of photos taken by myself to keep you entertained until my FlickR is updated.

Please feel free to leave your comments or to tell other people about "Finding The Pathfinders".

Comments