Sedlec, CZ.

A lonely magpie descends into woodland from a 'communist style' apartment block in Sedlec. I try to picture what other location Prague reminds me of. It is peaceful but not as sorrowful as the larger than normal magpie may suggest. The deciduous trees which surround the hills of this suburb have turned a yellow ochre yet few leaves seem to have fell. The only thing falling seems to be the drizzle that whispers onto the green grass two floors below the balcony where I stand. Surprisingly, the smell here consists of mostly fresh air as the extensive transport network (another communist ideology) only pollutes a silence which is so loud that you can hear it. Sedlec is far from baron because the culture here is mysterious and the people here seem happy.

Today I am off to have a taste of the old town. I can travel on any bus, metro or tram for 24 hours at a price of 110CZK however I have chosen the high speed trainline for 19CZK (about the equivalent of 70 pence). Armed with only a map and a visa card, I do not feel like a typical tourist... I just hope this is enough to get me by.


Comments