6 Pixels of Separation

Wow, what a day. I decided that I would start to use everything I know about computers and accounts to try and give myself more of an internet presence. I felt it was about time to give up on the hiding from 'Big Brother' which I have attempted for so many years and cave in to technology - grudgingly of course. Whilst doing this I did however manage to create what you could call 'online schizophrenia' or more appropriately 'Multiple Internet Personality Disorder'. Why...? because I have something to hide...

This will be my first, official and non-anonymous blog but it would be wrong to say that I am in any way an online virgin. I would invite anyone to argue that it would be wiser of me to release all personal information - you know, the hyper-sensed, over-sexed, hyperactive rock 'n' roll junkie-monkey lurking behind in the shadows of my more professional attire. By saying this I only suggest but do not confirm that these are blue smarties of life of which I had become accustomed to.

Nonetheless, and possibly with incorrect foundation, I have decided to seek ecstasy from the satisfaction of starting my own production company and sharing a bit of the excitement in my life in creating videos and audio work for other people...

Knightvisions Productions is the name of my new company (merely because it sounded right and not because it boosts my ego in any intentional way). I have big hopes for what it can achieve and would like to be able to reflect that by using as many of the skills and attitudes which life has so far brought to me.

Initially the plan is to allow the company to expand as quickly as possible. My most recent freelance work has had most involvement with independent media producers in the Midlands and South East of England. In the last six months alone I have edited a couple of wedding videos, been involved as camera operator and production assistant/runner for a corporate video in the south, assisted editing for a documentary to be shown on an Irish television channel, produced a short film drama, composed and edited sound for short films and lots more.

There are quite a few things going on in the pipeline as well, there are many scripts, treatments and designs that will be going into production and also I have been asked to create a soundtrack for a short drama. Tomorrow, the day of rest, I am helping out with a group for which I am a founding committee member, the 'Sleaford Community Cinema' when I should instead be indulging in my loves of a more anonymous nature (it's Valentines Day).

The division of business and pleasure online is far more difficult than I expected and it has taken me numerous attempts to get my Facebook security to handle my MIPD. For anyone else who is reading this and also suffers from MIPD, I strongly advise a Firefox plug-in called Foxmarks (XMarks). This program has been ideal in helping me keep my orgy photos and business meetings separate from one another. The plug-in remembers all of your passwords and bookmarks so that you can use it on any computer. Don't panic about security because it requires a master password for you to access the program so all you have to remember when using another system is to log-out. This means that today I have been able to separate all of my more personal blogs from each other. Not only does this mean that I can log into numerous accounts which are linked to one another but I can also have myself a personal setting and a business setting with one click.

This blog will be posted to my Twitter page and my YouTube page and from there it will be accessible from my Facebook page. It has taken me quite a few hours to make things this way and it did involve one scare where I had unlinked some private accounts from a business email address and thought I had lost all access as I had forgotten my password... fortunately Xmarks restored from an earlier date (it gives you a selection of times when it has synchronised) - panic over.

Anyway, it's getting late so I'm signing out of Business Ash for a few hours to have a little bit more of Personal Ash as tomorrow shows that its true that there is no rest for the wicked. However, if you have any work for the wicked, then let me know. I'd be very pleased to hear from those who have something they would like producing or anything they would like to share, business or pleasure, you now know where I am, well you half know anyway ;).

Comments